
I found the lack of progress in this situation to be frightening. "College-educated American women working full time earn dramatically less than male colleagues in the same field even just one year out of university, according to a new report." (MSNBC, 4/23/07) Equality is something that has to be fought for. Sometimes legislation is not enough to turn the tide of inequality.
Here is the article:

1 comment:
This doesn't surprise me. In Native Son, by Richard Wright, the lead male character is black and at one point in the story says: It doesn't matter how many years you go to school or how much money you make. To whites, I'll always be a ni**er. This is how I feel as a woman.
Many men in society don't want female equality in the workplace. They resent us, and figure we should just take our secondary role and shut up about it.
It doesn't matter that we make higher grades in school at both the Bachelor and Master's level. Facts mean nothing to a bigot.
Post a Comment